Commitment to Catholic Education
- A demonstrated understanding of the ethos of a Catholic school and its mission.
- Commitment to supporting the Catholic identity and mission of the College.
Commitment to Child Safety
- Experience working with children.
- Commitment to and understanding of child protection and child safety issues in schools.
- Demonstrated understanding of appropriate behaviours when engaging with children.
- Be a suitable person to engage in child-connected work.
- Demonstrated understanding of Mandatory Reporting.
Education and Experience
- Victorian Teachers Registration (VIT).
- A minimum of Certificate 2 in First aid (the College will provide this training if necessary).
Commitment to high quality targeted teaching and use of evidence-based learning and teaching strategies
- Understanding / demonstrated use of evidence-based learning and teaching strategies.
- Understanding / demonstrated focus on student learning, growth and developmental learning.
- Willingness to contribute to ongoing curriculum and course development, to enhance student outcomes.
Ability and willingness to engage in ongoing professional reflection and dialogue to enable ongoing improvement
- Be actively engaged in researching areas of interest relevant to directions provided in the College’s strategic plan.
- Computer literacy, including the ability to use ICT to promote quality learning.
Effective classroom management skills
- Willingness to implement positive education strategies and restorative practices.
- Ability to develop positive relationships with students.
Ethos and participation
- Commitment to support, monitor and follow up students in the role of Tutor (if applicable).
- Ability and commitment to work positively with colleagues as a member of mutually supportive staff teams.
- Commitment to high standards of professionalism.
- Preparedness to participate in co-curricular activities / overnight stays.
Updated: August 2022