Marist-Sion College has its origins in two Colleges: St Joseph’s College (for boys) founded in 1951 and Our Lady of Sion College (for girls) founded in 1905, each of which was established for the girls and boys of the Warragul area.
Since the amalgamation of the two Colleges in 1975, Marist-Sion has been committed to pursue the ideals of the two founding religious orders; the pursuit of justice, peace and love in the world and the nurturing of a family spirit which is evident in our openness to others, our warmth and friendliness.
Situated on one campus of 46 acres, with beautiful views of Mount Baw Baw and the Strzelecki Ranges, the College caters for approximately 900 students and is accessible by public transport. Marist-Sion serves four local parishes; Warragul, Drouin, Trafalgar and Iona/Maryknoll.
In recent times, the College has provided new state of the art facilities across the campus and ensured that our technology infrastructure is operating at a very high level. In 2011, we commenced a phased rollout of laptop computers for senior students and have a high level of availability of learning technologies for our junior students.
The College is an active member of Marist Schools Australia. This body, founded in 2010, unites and supports schools across the nation which have an affiliation with the Marist Brothers.